Pages

Thursday, May 29, 2008

things I'm looking forward to... part one

So I know I was pretty sad in my last post.  But I said there were some things I'm looking forward to about moving also.  I was reminded of one this morning.  We dropped Joe off at the airport last night for his red eye flight to Minnesota.   He'll be there for about two and a half weeks, filling in at the tattoo shop there while one of the other guys is away on vacation.  He's hoping to iron out some details there, and then Judah and I will join him for the end of his trip for some house hunting.  When I got out of the shower this morning, I had a text message from Joe.  He said he had just stopped for breakfast and had wild rice sausage.  That will be the first thing on my list of things I'm looking forward to:  wild rice.  I've never had wild rice sausage, but I bet I'd like it.  Last summer when we were visiting Minnesota, I had wild rice every chance I got.  My favorite was "Wild Chicken Tetrazzini" at a place called Grandma's in Virginia.  I also had wild rice chowder and a wild rice and chicken soup.  Wild rice is a Minnesota thing, and one of the little joys I'm looking forward to.

No comments: