Pages

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

baby weight... wait... or not

As I struggled into my jeans this morning, I thought about something I once read.  It said that since it takes nine months to gain the weight when you're expecting a baby, you should give yourself nine months to lose the weight.  Well that would mean that I have until this Saturday to lose 12 pounds.  Not. going. to. happen.  So my first thought was that with the holidays coming and everything, I should just (continue to) forget about it for now and make it a New Years Resolution to lose it by his birthday in February.  But then I thought maybe I could still make that the deadline (goal) but to go ahead and start now.  That gives me three months.  12 pounds divided by three months is four pounds per month.  Or one pound per week.  I can do that.  I think.  If I really try.  I should probably cut back on the chocolate chip pancakes several mornings each week.  And it is getting ridiculously cold here (in the 20s lately).  So I'm going to make a real effort to eat better, and put Wii Fit... and my determination... to the test.  Really it's not even so much the number on the scale.. But I'm really sick of the limited wardrobe I have had since February.  I can't go out and buy new things so I'd really like to fit into my old things again.  Without bubbling out.  So I resolve now to start.. tomorrow.  Because I had a rather large chocolate chip pancake this morning and a tuxedo mocha freeze just a few minutes ago.  Not that I won't indulge now and then.  Because what fun is it to live if you can't indulge?  But in moderation and with a balance of better nutrition and regular exercise.

2 comments:

Trina said...

Good for you! I actually recently joined the local "club", Thats what my friend and I call Weight Watchers. Mainly just because it took me 9 months to put on the weight and 9 years to get it off! lol (Jess will be 10 in January, so I really think its time!) I started dieting and excercising more in May and I'm already down 20lbs!! Mainly I joined WW 2 weeks ago to make sure that during the holidays I can remain steady and not gain it all back in 2 months!! So I say good for you!! I'm proud of you and if you need any pointers or support, I'm right here doing it along with ya!

Angel said...

One thing God taught me when I was struggling with my weight in high school was that I needed to love myself exactly where I was at that moment. He created me in His image. Of course he wants what is best for me and for me to make healthy choices, but if I am not happy right now at this moment, then I will never be satisfied.

I will be praying for you this holiday season! Happy exercising!